Terms & Conditions
THE BET REGRET CUP (“THE COMPETITION”) POWERLEAGUE (“THE PROMOTER”) and M&C SAATCHI SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT LTD (“THE SPONSOR”) TERMS AND CONDITION The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Bet Regret Cup competition organised by Powerleague Fives Limited (Company No. 03867954), 172 Tottenham Court Road, Fitzrovia, London W1T 7NS (the “Promoter”) and sponsored by M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment Ltd (company No. 3306364), 36 Golden Square, London W1F 9EE. By entering the Competition, entrants (including all Team Members as defined below) agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions and any and all other associated promotional materials published by the Promoter and/or the Sponsor. 1. Entry to the Competition will close one (1) hour prior to the beginning of each Regional Heat (as defined below) (the “Closing Date”). Entries received before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date will not be accepted. 2. The Competition is open to male residents of the United Kingdom only, aged eighteen (18) or above. Under the Football Association Guidelines, players participating in a match must be of the same gender. The Sponsor and the Promoter reserve the right to request proof of age and residency at the stated address for verification (to the Sponsor and/or Promoter’s satisfaction in their discretion) before accepting an entrant. The Competition is specifically closed to employees of (i) The Promoter and The Sponsor, and any associated companies, and their families, and (ii) any other company, organisation or person assisting or connected with the Competition. 3. Each team entered into the Competition must be made up of at least five (5) and no more than seven (7) team players. 4. Entries are on a first come, first served basis. 5. Entries not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are invalid. 6. In order to enter the Competition, one member of your team must register your team by the following methods (the “Entry”): a. Complete an entry form (available at all participating Powerleague clubs) (including your team name, your preferred Powerleague Club for the Regional Heats, and the name, email address and phone number of your Team Captain) and return the completed form to your local participating Powerleague club together with your Entry Fee (payable in cash or card) A list of all participating Powerleague club is available at http://www.powerleague.co.uk/football/tournaments/xxxxx ; or b. Call the Competition hotline on 0141 847 5566 and provide your team name, your preferred Powerleague Club for the Regional Heats, the name, email address and phone number of your Team Captain, and your card details for payment of the Entry Fee. An Entry will not be valid until: a. the Team Captain’s full name has been submitted in accordance with one of the Entry mechanisms set out in this clause; and b. the Team Captain has selected the Powerleague club, date and time where they would like their team to participate in the Regional Heats; and c. the Entry Fee has been paid in full prior to the closing Date. All Team Members must comply with these Terms and Conditions and meet the criteria above. The Promoter reserves the right to discard any Team or Team Member which the Promoter subsequently discovers does not fulfil these criteria. 7. The Team Captain will act as the primary point of contact with the Promoter and/or the Sponsor throughout the duration of the Competition, unless otherwise specified by the team members (“Team Members”) and agreed to by the Promoter. 8. The Promoter reserves the right to expel any team or Team Member from the Competition if the Promoter (or the Sponsor) deems the team and/or Team Member to be acting outside the spirit of sportsmanlike conduct and fair play or in contravention of the best interests of the Competition. The Promoter and/or the Sponsor hold sole and absolute discretion in this regard and their decision will be final. 9. Each Team Member assumes all risks inherent in participating in the Competition. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the Sponsor will accept any responsibility for any loss (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, or otherwise) or other circumstances (except for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter or Sponsor) suffered as a result of participation in the Competition or the acceptance of a Prize (as defined below). Neither the Promoter nor the Sponsor guarantees, recommends or accepts liability for the performance (or lack thereof) or any third parties involved in the Competition (including but not limited to hotels or facilities providers). 10. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by publishing the amended Terms and Conditions on the Website. Any amendments will have immediate effect on publication unless otherwise specified. 11. Any Team that fails or refuses to comply with these Terms and Conditions may be disqualified from the Competition at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision will be final. The entry fee is non-refundable. Teams 12. Teams will be made up of a minimum of five (5) and a maximum of seven (7) Team Members, including the Team Captain (the “Team”), and will be registered by the Promoter under a team name of the Team’s choice before the Regional Heat (defined below) matches take place. 13. Upon attendance at the Regional Heats, all Team Members will be asked to give their full name, date of birth, and valid email address as will also be asked to confirm that they have read, understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions. 14. Team Members registered at the Regional Heats cannot be changed for the duration of the Competition, except in exceptional circumstances (including but not limited to debilitating injury, illness or bereavement) under which, at its sole and absolute discretion, the Promoter may permit Team Members to be replaced. The Promoter’s decision will be final. 15. A Team name must be chosen by each Team at the start of the Competition. At its sole and absolute discretion, the Promoter and the Sponsor reserve the right to reject Team names that they consider (in their sole discretion) to be unsuitable, inappropriate, obscene, derogatory; that reference trade marks, or known personalities; or that are derogatory towards the Promoter or the Sponsor or any entities associated with the Promoter or the Sponsor. 16. All Team Members must be of full amateur status. No professional or semi-professional football players are permitted to enter the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, any player(s) that has played in the top 8 levels of English Football or top 4 levels of Scottish Football in the last 6 months leading up to the Opening date of the tournament are not permitted to play. Any team(s) found to be fielding ineligible players will be immediately disqualified from the tournament and removed. This applies to all levels of the tournament; regional heats, regional finals and national final. It is at the discretion of the Promoter and the Sponsor discretion to withdraw prizes if winning teams are found to be fielding ineligible players. English Pyramid System (For a full list of teams that this rule applies to please see Appendix 1)
Scottish Pyramid System
1 PREMIER LEAGUE 2 FOOTBALL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP (SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP 3 FOOTBALL LEAGUE 1 (SKY BET LEAGUE 1) 4 FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2 (SKY BET LEAGUE 2) 5 NATIONAL LEAGUE (VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE)
NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH (VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH (VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SHOUTH)
NORTHEN PREMIER LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISON (EVO-STIK LEAGUE NORTHERN PREMIER DIVISION
SOUTHERN FOORBALL LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
ISTHMIAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION (RYMAN LEAGUE) 8 NOTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE DIVISION ONE NORTH (EVOSTICK NORTHERN PREMIER FIRST DIVISIN NORTH) NORTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH (EVOSTICK NORTHERN PREMIER FIRST DIVISIN SOUTH ) SOUTHERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE DIVISION ONE CENTRAL SOUTHERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH & WEST ISTHMIAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE NORTH (RYMAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE DIVISION ONE NORTH) ISTHMIAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH (RYMAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH)
1 SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP (LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP) 2 SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP (LADBROKES CHAMPIONSHIP) 3 SCOTTISH LEAGUE ONE (LADBROKES LEAGUE ONE) 4 SCOTTISH LEAGUE TWO (LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO)
- Teams should arrive at their allocated Powerleague club no later than twenty (20) minutes before the start time of their Regional Heat and Regional Final (as relevant). Teams without at least five (5) players available and ready to play at five (5) minutes past the scheduled kickoff time will forfeit their match. The Promoter holds sole and absolute discretion in this regard and the Promoter’s decision is final.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Teams will be expected to provide themselves, for each of their Team Members, the following (including but not limited to): a. Football kits; shirts, shorts, socks; shin pads and football boots with moulded or astro turf trainers (wet or dry weather). Team Members will not be permitted to wear football boots with blades or non-moulded studs (wet or dry weather); and b. Team Members will be liable for all travel and costs associated with their participation in the Regional Heats, Regional Finals and National Final (as defined below). Competition Format
- The Competition will be run by Powerleague and shall be subject to the Powerleague club rules and regulations which will be available prior to the Closing Date. Rights of access to individual centres are reserved to venue management.
- The Competition Regional Heats will take place at Twenty Six (26) Powerleague clubs chosen by the sponsor.
- Regional Heats will consist of a group stage, followed by a knockout stage. The following number of Teams from each Regional Heat will progress to the Competition National Final: One (1) Team from each of the twenty six (26) Regional Heats will progress to the Competition National Final.
- The Competition Regional Finals will take place at the following Powerleague club on the date specified: a. National Final: Powerleague Shoreditch Sunday 4th August 2019
- Teams may enter into more than one (1) Regional Heat. However, Teams are limited to one (1) entry each to the National Finals, regardless of the number of Regional Heats won. In the event that a Team wins more than one (1) Regional Heat, the additional National Final place(s) will be awarded to one (1) of the Regional Heat runner-ups from the relevant Regional Heat, as decided by the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion. The decision of the Promoter will be final.
- National Finals will consist of a group stage, followed by a knockout stage.
- In the event of a draw in the knockout stages of each round in the Regional Heats, the match will be decided by penalties. The penalties will consist of three (3) rounds followed by ‘sudden death’ penalties if necessary.
- If any Finalist is unable to attend the Final, the Promoter reserves the right to select a replacement Team to take their place in the Final. The Prizes
- Regional Heats Winners a. There will be one (1) winning Team in each Regional Heat (the “Regional Heat Winners”). b. Each Regional Heat Winner will win: One (1) signed items per team member up to a maximum of Seven (7) team members and one (1) case of Lucozade per team.
- Spot Prize – Regional Heats a. There will be one (1) winner selected from all like and share entries across a Powerleague Social media competition. Winners must like and share post along with providing proof of Tournament entry fee to be a valid entry. One (1) Winner will win two (2) tickets to a PL/EFL/SPFL match.
- Final Winner a. There will be one (1) overall Final winning Team. b. The Final Winner will win: one (1) set of seven (7) tickets to one (1) football match, match to be confirmed. Winners will be responsible for making their own travel arrangements, spending money and other expenses (including personal expenses, hotels, etc). Neither the Promoter nor the Sponsor will accept any liability for the Winning Team and/or the individual Team Members being refused entry to the match; neither the Promoter nor the Sponsor will be responsible for any travel delays, cancellations and/or additional costs or expense incurred by any Team Members. The winners will also get the chance to play against BET Regret FC along with a meet and greet with the players and memento photograph on the day.
- The Prizes may be altered or varied at the Sponsor and/or the Promoter’s sole discretion and substituted with prizes which, in the Sponsor and/or Promoter’s sole opinion, are a suitable alternative. There are no cash alternatives and the Prizes are not negotiable, exchangeable or transferable. The Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Sponsor and/or Promoter, the Sponsor and/or Promoter reserves the right to either provide alternative Prizes to the same value as the original Prizes or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
- The Promoter will contact the Winners with further details of how to claim their Prize after the close of the Competition. General
- Team Members should not take any action which is illegal, constitutes a breach of trust or is otherwise derogatory or defamatory about Gamble Aware and/or M&C Saatchi, the Sponsor or its associated companies and brands. The Sponsor reserves any and all rights to withdraw or claim back the Prizes in part or in whole where any Team Member fails to comply with this requirement and/or where there is any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Team Members hereby consent to participate in any reasonable publicity accompanying and resulting from the Competition required on behalf of the Promoter and/or the Sponsor if so requested with no further recompense.
- Each Team Member hereby agrees by playing on the pitches with notices that the Promoter and/or Sponsor (and third parties authorised by the Promoter and/or Sponsor) may now and in the future use, exploit and make available the images of all Team Members in any medium whatsoever including (but not limited to) a website (include the Promoter and Sponsor’s main websites, and any social media sites), television, mobile media platforms and/or radio and any other media, whether now known or in the future, for the purposes of advertising and publicity of the Competition and/or the Gamble Aware brand without restriction as to manner, frequency or duration of usage or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with the sale and marketing of the Gamble Aware brand.
- The Promoter will not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, mislaid, damaged or corrupted Entries (due to whatever reason, including but not limited to malfunction of the Website), or Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions in any way.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, including for any injury sustained, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in connection with the Competition, including (but not limited to) where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access to the field of play or third party interference with the Competition; or any tax liability suffered and/or incurred by any participant.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter or their agents for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, completed or delayed computer transmission which affect Entrants’ ability to enter the Competition or for any other reason beyond the control of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained as a result of or in connection with this Competition and/or the Prizes (in contract, negligence, or otherwise), except as where such liability cannot be excluded by law, where: a. There is not breach of a legal duty of care owed to the Team Members; b. The loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; c. Any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the Team Members of these Terms and Conditions or to the extent that the Team Members have failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and/or d. Any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from business losses and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits the Promoter/s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by the Sponsor and/or the Promoter’s negligence.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for any fraud committed by any third party and/or for any event beyond its control.
- Team Members agree that their personal information will be collected, stored and processed in a database for the purposes of administering the Competition. Such information will not be used for any other purpose other than as stated in these Terms and Conditions or as separately accepted by Team Members. If Team Members have separately agreed to receive communications from the Promoter then their personal data may be used for such purposes, including direct marketing. Please note that in processing the information in this way, the Promoter may disclose the information to other companies in its group or to third parties employed by the Promoter. The Promoter shall at all times comply with applicable Data Protection regulations currently in force in the UK.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the Terms and Conditions, or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter and/or Sponsor may, at their discretion, refuse to process an Entry or fulfil any Prize award.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all Team Members.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Competition as necessary due to circumstances outside of their reasonable control.
- The Promoter’s decision will be final in all Competition circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Full copyright notice
- The contents of these pages and all material on this site are the copyright of PG. Copying or incorporation of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited save in accordance with the following:
- You may:
- Print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal non-commercial use.
- Copy the content to individual third parties for their personal non-commercial use provided:
- you acknowledge the Website as the source of the material; and
- you inform the third party that these terms apply and they agree to comply with them.
- You may provide a link (but not a framed link) to this site from any other business information or business service website, but not (save without prior agreement) in any way which gives the impression that we are associated with or have approved such other site.
- Without limiting the foregoing, no part of the Website may be reproduced, transmitted or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- The above consents do not authorise you to incorporate any part of this site in any commercial document or in any materials sold or otherwise made available for profit without our prior consent.